Newt said he does not support gay marriage. He said marriage is a sacred sacrament that should only be between a man and his 1st, 2nd and 3rd wives--Leno
- "Recession Is Over News"--428,000 people filed for first time unemployment last week--that's 12 straight weeks of claims being over 400,000. Hey, someone should do the math.
- There is some good news on the housing front. Several states appear to be showing some improvement in the housing market. Oklahoma, Nebraska, Miss., Kansas, Arkansas and North Dakota distressed home sales are showing sings of life (USA Today). As much as I'm sarcastic about this alleged recession turn-a-round, this is great news for the country---maybe.
- "Dumb Ass Quote of the Week" -- After using illegal immigrants as props to push the Dream Act, Sen. Durbin implied that one day maybe even an illegal immigrant might be president. One iddy-biddy problem-- as much as you would like to see that, the Constitution won't allow it Dickie.
- Apparently crooked governors are not new to the state of Illinois. In addition to Blagojeich, three Illinois governors have gone to jail since 1968. It's one of the reasons why if you give me a choice between a politician from Illinois or one from Texas, I'm supporting the Texas politician hands down.
- How much of a fake, phony and fraud is Al Gore? He's apparently abandoned global warming for overpopulation (it's been such an embarrassment for big, fat Al that the Chicago Climate Exchange, where Gore was a major investor, ended trading in carbon credits. People recognized it was a sham) . Problem is the "overpopulation" issue has never had any credibility going back decades. In 1968, we Boomers recall a book entitled, "The Population Bomb." We were all required to read it in Sociology class in college. It was huge in Lefty circles. It predicted by the late 1990's, the world would be overpopulated. He predicted global death rates would rise catastrophically. They've fallen. In fact, we are now in what's called negative population growth especially in Europe. In the U.S., women are averaging 2.1 children apiece--that's just about replacement level. Anyway, as for Gore, he has four children, rides around in private jets and limos and owns several mansions that use more energy than many small American towns. Gore adds meaning to the word "hypocrisy."
- As of right now, Greece appears to be ready to implode. It's so bad; the Greek government has deployed over 5,000 police to keep order (MSNBC: European Editon).
- How disgusting is the bottom feeding, knee-pad media? This disgusting. George Stephanopoulos of ABC News and former Clinton advisor warned Michele Bachmann that the media will investigate all of Bachmann's 23 foster children. Folks--this media--have no shame.
- And do we need more proof? How about a piece in the Politico this week entitled, "Michele Bachmann's Thin Legislative Resume." Funny, I don't recall to many in the knee-pad media asking the same question of Pres. Obama four years ago. His resume could barely fit on one page then.
- By the way, I'll be the first one to admit that Bachmann is in need of a fact-checker. Someone on her staff better start doing their job. But she continues to take hits from a lot of knuckleheads--none bigger than Chris Mathews. For example, this week he was in shock that Bachmann referred to Iowa 14 times in her speech. So where was she when she was giving the speech?------Yes, you guessed right--in Iowa.