- President Obama's plan for drawdown of troops in Afghanistan is not being widely supported, even by his own base. Almost all of the MSNBC knee-pad pundits hammered the plan. They see that even by 2014, we'll probably still have almost 70,000 troops there (I wonder if they know we have almost 40,000 still in Korea, almost 60 years after the "conflict" ended.) You might not know it, but the commanders are not too happy either. Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, told the House Armed Services Committee this week, "The president's decisions are more aggressive and incur more risk than I was originally prepared to accept." He later added--as a good soldier following orders from his Commander in Chief, "Only the president...can really determine the acceptable level of risk we must take."
- And what was Gen. Patraeus saying? He told the same Committee, "The ultimate decision was a more aggressive formulation...in terms of the timeline than we had recommended." (meaning, the president overruled his commanders). It's not unusual for commanders to always ask for more troops. But know this: if anyone knows what's going on; it's usually your commanders, not the suits in the Pentagon and the White House.
- Regarding Newt, personally, I don't care what he does with his own money. The line of credit revelation does not bother me as much as his being out of touch in my opinion. Two weeks ago, almost his entire staff booked. This week it was reported his fundraisers all quit. Newt, if it looks like a friggin duck and quacks like a friggin duck--it's a friggin duck. Leave already.
- How bad is the economy? If the Fed Head, Ben Bernanke, does not know as he said yesterday, you know it's bad.
- Democrat Senators Dick Durbin and Chuckie Chees Schumer blamed Republicans for sabotaging the economic recovery. First question: what economic recovery? Memo to both knuckleheads: Dems have been in control of the purse strings in Congress from 2006-2010. They controlled the Senate and the House--hence the purse strings- from 2006-2008. They still control two of the three houses of government today. They've had almost 6 years of complete control to do something, and they failed. We have one of the worst jobs numbers since the Great Depression, the worst housing downturn since the Great Depression and the greatest slide in home prices since the Great Depression. Let's take a look at what else they've blamed for sabotaging the recovery: Wall Street, Big Business, Big Oil, Insurance Companies, the Auto Industry, The Tsunami and Earthquakes in Japan, snow (yes, remember, the bad winter was blamed too), etc. etc.---everyone but the losers in Congress. What a pathetic bunch of weasels. Oh yes, how can I forget, last week Pres. Obama even blamed ATM's (look it up if you don't believe me).
- And, if you recall, for almost 3 years they blamed Bush for everything. I don't know about anyone else, but I never knew Bush was such a powerful guy. I swear he must be Superman. Only Superman can do all the things the Dems said he did. But if Bush is Superman, what does that make the Democrats?----I'll tell you: friggin, little whiny weenies.
- Now Republicans don't get off that easy. I've been saying for years now: Most Republicans in Congress have no balls. In fact, the only Republicans with any guts have been Republican women (it's one of the reasons why the media hammers Palin and Bachmann so relentlessly).
- "Religion of Peace Update"--Two Muslim men were charged in a Seattle terrorist plot. They planned to attack a Seattle military recruiting station.
- Know this: if, God forbid, any home-grown terrorist is successful in the future and kills more Americans with guns and/or bombs, our genius Attorney General, Eric Holder (who never met a terrorist he didn't like. Remember, he was the one who recommended to Pres. Clinton to pardon the Puerto Rican terrorists known as the FALN. They were responsible for over 130 bombings in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, killing at least six people and wounding countless others. Just thought you should know or be reminded again.) would go after gun owners rather than the terrorists in America. And why do I say this, because he did it in the past. Headline in the PRN Newswire after the Ft. Hood shooting, "Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response To Ft. Hood Attack."
Friday, June 24, 2011
Afghanistan Drawdown; Once Again: Newt--leave already--please!; Durbin & Chuckie Cheese: Two Yo-Yos In A Pod; Bush Was Superman
"It's now been revealed that Newt Gingrich had a second line of credit at Tiffanys for up to a million dollars. That sounds like a lot until you remember that Congress has a line of credit with China for up to $14 trillion."--Leno
Posted by Jerry at 10:40 AM