- Well, it didn't take long did it? A Muslim GI, PFC Naser Abdo, was charged with planning another attack on Ft. Hood. Where the hell do we get these guys?
- By the way, how did the Left media handle this tragic event? Take the NY Times. They chose to highlight the lunatic's alleged Christianity when their headline was, "As Horrors Emerge, Norway Charges Christian Extremist." Yet, when has any major publication written a headline such as, "As Horrors Emerge, Norway Charges A Muslim Extremist." We haven't seen it. In fact, publications like the NY Times didn't do it with the Muslim pricks who were responsible for the bombings in the London subways, in the Bali bombings and countless other terror acts committed by Muslim fanatics. In fact, many in the news media waited hours and some even more than a day to report that the first Ft. Hood shooter was a Muslim. As Bill O'Reilly stated so well, "Any whiff of Christian intolerance is celebrated in the press." This Oslo incident was one of a few exceptions. It's Muslim fanatics we must continue to hunt down and kill. Sound harsh? Tell that to the families of the 9/11 victims who faced one ugly alternative: to throw themselves out of World Trade Center windows.
- Dumbass Quote of the Week by A Certified Dumbass: Nancy Pelosi said this week, "What we're trying to do is save the world from the Republican Budget. We're trying to save life on this planet as we know it today." Really folks--who are the dummies that keep voting this nitwit into office?
- So how is the White House going to explain a pathetic economic growth rate of 1.3%? Reuters reported it this way, "The U.S. economy came perilously close to flat-lining in the first quarter..." That says it all.
- It also "appears" Boehner lost control of his caucus. Personally, I found his plan a joke. His plan called for a "whopping" $917 billion in reduced spending over 10 years. Imagine you having to cut your own annual budget by $3000 a year, and you decide to cut back on spending by just $3.00. That's what this dumb plan amounts to. And keep this in mind--whatever plan they decide on will be over a long period of time, IE. 10 years. That means the plan will not survive over that time line. A future Congress will change it. Yes, it's much easier to make law than to change it (look at the problems associated with getting just pieces of ObamaKare either thrown out or changed), but it can be done.
- And I cringe writing this, but that knucklehead, Sen. Reid, has a better plan in my opinion. He calls for $2.2 trillion in cuts to offset a $2.4 trillion debt-limit hike. He also does not call for tax hikes. But there is a down-side to this plan in the long run. We'll never see those cuts.
- Talk about bad timing: On the day after the country is suppose to run out of money--August 2nd--the President is having a major fundraiser. It's suppose to be a birthday party for Pres. Obama. If past fundraisers are a benchmark, it will cost you at least $35 grand to attend.
- As I'm writing this, Congress is already talking about another plan.
- Did you know-- if we don't get a handle on this debt by 2021, it will swell to 97% of our total economy.
- Even USA Today was critical of the president's taxing the rich to deal with this debt limit. They wrote, "In his speech Monday night, the president again played the class warfare card, railing against the tax loopholes for corporate jets and hedge fund managers. Those loopholes deserve to be closed...But the loopholes represent a minuscule part of the debt problem. Ending them would raise about $18 billion over 10 years, or 0.2% of the $9.5 trillion in deficits projected by the Congressional Budget Office."
- And USA Today also points out, "Hiking taxes on the wealthy enough to provide $1 in revenue for every $3 in spending cuts under a balanced plan would mean raising the top tax rate from the current 35% to well more than 50%..."
- The Economic Policy Institute is reporting that the black middle class is eroding. It's so bad the Congressional Black Caucus has been begging the president to address unemployment among Blacks now over 20% in many parts of the country. They refer to it as an "epidemic." And they are right. The sad part about this report? Most Blacks will vote for Pres. Obama again.
- More Economic Trickle Down News: In addition to the news about the erosion of the black middle class, 14 schools in the Bay Area Stripped of Copper Wiring; Thieves Hit D.C. firehouse; Thieves Steal Highway Guardrails and Thieves Steal 100 Bronze Off Headstones at Cemetery. Folks--like I've written many times before--it's worse out there than we are being told it is.
- Talk about balls. "Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein and his fellow Wall Street travelers yesterday released a letter warning that unless Congress and the president agree on a budget deal and raise the debt ceiling, the apocalypse will befall us next Tuesday..."(NY Post). Folks, it's these folks who supported Pres. Obama. It was these folks, who three years ago, asked for humongous bailouts telling us if they didn't get those bailouts, the country would fall into a depression. And yet, after we bailed these pricks out, the economy still sucks.
Friday, July 29, 2011
Dumbass Quote of the Week Goes To...; Economy Grew A Pathetic 1.3%; Boehner's Plan A Joke on Us; Obama Not Good For Black Middle-Class; More Trickle Down Economic News; Talk About Balls!
"This debt crisis still isn't solved yet. But...the White House said it was working on Plan B. Unfortunately, the B stands for bake sale. And Plan C is car wash."--Fallon
Posted by Jerry at 1:15 PM