- Before we do anything and politics aside--let's pray for the servicemen we lost last week. It appears it was at least 30 U.S. troops with perhaps as many as 20 or more members from SEAL Team 6. Considering there are only about 2000 SEALS in the entire Navy, that's a big hit.
- Remember why we are in Afghanistan. We're there because the Taliban gave up Afghanistan to al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda used Afghanistan to stage terrorist attacks across the globe--including at the World Trade Center on 9/11.
- But know this, from April to July of this year, our special ops forces captured almost 3,000 insurgents and killed almost one thousand, according to NATO.
- And they are still killing us. No, not only on the battlefield, but fire-fighters, cops and construction workers who worked at the site are ill, some have already died and some are dying. For example, cancer has struck 263 NYPD cops who worked at Ground Zero--and killed 45 to date.
- Regarding what's going on in the economy and Wall Street, know this: no one knows what's going on. The Market swung about 16 times last week from positive to negative to positive to negative. No one on the planet could predict those shifts. The odds of predicting all those shifts is astronomical. So when he hear the financial pundits on TV or on radio, know they know nothing.
- The White House and The Democrats did what they do best in response to the S+P downgrade on Friday--they blamed everyone else but themselves. They blamed S+P, although prior to the downgrade, S+P's rating was a rating they always pointed to in showing the world how strong our economic system was. In fact, even when S+P continued to give Fannie and Freddie and even Enron its highest rating, as those institutions were already in the toilet, Dems like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd praised S+P.
- And, as Charles Gasparino pointed out so well today, this should have been no surprise to the administration. The ratings agencies were telegraphing the potential of this action for months.
- And I, for one, say the downgrade might have at least one good consequence. Perhaps those straps and yo-yo's in Congress will get serious about doing something about this economy.
- And how can we not review what that fake, phony and back-stabbing fraud, Sen. John F. Kerry said (along with some other Dems and Lefties in the media): "I believe this is, without question, the 'Tea Party' downgrade." Allow me to 'xplain something to everyone. This piece of filth (yes, he is. He back-stabbed and maligned every single Vietnam Veteran, with his other back-stabbing b!tch of a friend, Jane Fonda) along with many others, blamed Bush for everything. That got old. No one pays attention to it any longer. So who is the new target of the Lefty bozos?--The Tea Party. It's as simple as that.
- And how bad are the attacks on the Tea Party folks, just plain ol' ordinary, patriotic Americans? The media has likened them to the "Taliban," and to other terrorists. Joe Nocera, another d!ckhead from the NY Times wrote, "These last few months, much of the country has watched in horror as the Tea Party Republicans (note: the Tea Party is made up of Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians and Independents--me) waged jihad on the American people." This written a month from the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Memo to Tea Party: keep up the pressure. They are scared of you. Don't give them an inch. You are all on the right side of history.
- What's Pres. Obama's new strategy for re-election? It's right here when he said last week, "When I said 'change we can believe in,' I didn't say 'change we can believe in tomorrow.'" There it is. He's going to ask all Americans to give him more time. And, you know what? Many will actually do just that----suckers!!!! And one commentator remarked when presidents talk like that, they are telling us their plan is not working.
- And Virginia Postrel of Bloomberg News said it best, "Pres. Obama has lost his glamour. The alluring icon of hope and change has become just another pol, derided by supporters as well as his opponents....Obama wasn't charismatic. He was glamorous...What's the difference? Charisma moves the audience to share a leader's vision. Glamour...inspires the audience to project its own desires onto the leader...although charisma can continue to inspire, glamour is guaranteed to disillusion..." As I've often said about Pres. Clinton--he was all style over substance. But Bubba could pull it off. Obama can't.
Monday, August 8, 2011
SEALS Know Why We Fight + Die; Financial Pundits Know Nothing; Blaming Tea Party and S+P But Themselves; Tea Party On Right Side of History; Style Over Substance Does Not Work In The Long Run
"Dept. of Labor Reports It Could Be Nothing. But They May Have Spotted A Job At An Iowa Strip Mall."--The Onion
Posted by Jerry at 10:15 AM