- First the good news: NO American troops were killed in Iraq in August.
- As many have probably heard already, jobs growth for August was a big, fat ZERO. In other words, NO JOBS WERE CREATED. We have not seen such a pathetic performance since 1945! And unemployment remains at over 9%. At this rate, it would take us about 20 years to get back to pre-recession levels.
- Black unemployment is about 17%. But for young black men in urban areas it's over 40%.
- Simple question for the White House---really simple question: why do you keep doing the same things over and over again THAT DON'T FRIGGIN WORK? I think psychiatrists have a name for that.
- The dumbest manager on the planet would have to finally admit: what we've been doing is not working, and we have to look at going in another direction.
- Instead, the White House keeps whining and taking on a victim mentality. This from White House spokesperson Pfeiffer yesterday, "This has been a tough four months for the country. We have had tough economic news, we've had the debacle of the brinksmanship over the debt ceiling, we've had natural disasters." Say that to George Washington, to Abe Lincoln to FDR to JFK to LBJ---say that to almost every president whose had monumental challenges. And, yes, I'm sure during their terms they've also had to deal with a few hurricanes too.
- Memo to Pres. Obama: don't keep making speeches about the economy and jobs---do something!
- And how bad a shape is the administration in? Liberal Ralph Nader plans on taking on Obama next year. He said he's getting a group of candidates to challenge the president.
- By the way, how much does one of the richest persons on the planet, Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway, actually owe in back taxes?---about a billion dollars. And this from the guy who said the rich should pay more in taxes. Can we all spell: H Y P O C R I S Y?
Friday, September 2, 2011
Jobs Growth: A Big Fat 0; Even Nader is Fed Up; Buffet Owes Over $1 Billion in Back Taxes; White House Whiners
"President Obama's uncle has been arrested on suspicion of drunk driving. Remember when the most embarrassing person person in the president's life was Joe Biden?"---Leno
Posted by Jerry at 12:41 PM