- First, Kudos to the feds for busting another terrorist attack on U.S. soil. Right now, it appears Iran was behind this planned hit.
- Breaking Now: Rep. Darrell Issa issued a subpoena to Eric Holder regarding the Fast and Furious scandal. Issa is chair of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. If I were Issa, I'd watch my back with this bunch.
- A question many are asking now: Is Romney a lock? Personally, I think he's the front runner, but a lock---I don't think so. First, it's still too early. And, more important, his numbers among the Republican base are not that good. The elite establishment wants him in, but he has to win over more of the Republican base.
- By the way, so much for our policy of playing nice with Iran. It's time to take some type of serious action against these pricks. I don't mean boots on the ground either. I could envision missiles raining on government and military facilities. And while we're at it---take out those nuclear facilities too.
- The Florida-Times Union (Jacksonville.com) has this headline today: "And You Thought Solyndra Was Bad...Get Ready for SunPower Scandal." They are reporting SunPower received $1.2 billion in federal loan guarantees on the last day the loan guarantees were available. The company is $820 million in debt, $20 mil more than its market capitalization. As the Times-Union reports, "bankruptcy is imminent."
- It didn't take long for the Occupy knuckleheads to get their true message out---violence if necessary. A speaker at the Occupy LA protests said if the Occupiers are to achieve their goals, violence and bloodshed will be necessary (PJ Media).
- This should not surprise anyone. The history of progressive movement is exceedingly violent. Allow me to show you why they justify their violence. Progressive movements in Communist and Socialist societies justified their massive killing campaigns in this very way---they demonized the opposition or people who didn't follow "the party line." The Chinese Communist, during the "Cultural Revolution," murdered approximately 30 million people for political reasons. It's estimated Stalin was responsible for the killing of approximately 20 million Russians. Pol Pot, Cambodia, was responsible for over 2 million murdered and millions sent to "re-education" camps, meaning forced re-education into Communism.
- So the lesson here is simple: Much of the most hideous genocide has taken place in progressive societies throughout history. That's why the threat of violence by some loons in this anti-Wall Street movement does not surprise me at all. It's written all over history.
- Let me be clear. In no way am I equivocating the above tyrants to the Occupy crowd either. Having said that, progressive movements have been violent in the past. That's a fact.
- Can you imagine the field day the media would be having if the Tea Party behaved like that?
- Several high ranking Democrats have now come forward in support of the Occupiers. I ask you---why would any politician, Democrat or Republican or some other party, support a group that protests in front of an individual's home? Do these politicians even understand how frightening that must be for those families---for those neighbors as they see a bunch of yo-yo's protesting in their community?
- Mayor Bloomberg now says the Occupiers in NYC can stay as long as they want as "long as they obey the laws." I guess it's now legal to loiter, litter, use drugs, and relieve yourself in NY City parks. But, don't, don't ever be caught smoking a cigarette.
- Wall Street firms (many are no longer even on Wall Street) have themselves lost almost 35,000 jobs in the last 3 years. Tax collections have fallen from 20% to 7%.
- And the people behind this movement are coming out of the shadows. They include billionaire Soros, multi-millionaire Michael Moore, The Workers Families Party, a Socialist organization and off-shoot of ACORN as well as the Democratic Socialists of America (Frontpage).
- I've written in earlier posts, they should be protesting Congress instead of Wall Street. In addition, they should be protesting those obscene tuition rates which are now as high as $57 grand FOR ONE YEAR (NY Post).
- Last note about these protests. They are not as big as the media wants us to believe. In Philadelphia, there are about 200. In D.C., there were less than 100.
- At least we're not in the shape much of Europe finds itself. Some of those countries have unemployment rates as high as 21% (Spain for one) And one thing is inevitable: the good times of guaranteed jobs, early retirement (at 55 in many cases) and generous benefits is coming to an end.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Breaking News: Eric Holder Served A Subpoena; Good Work Feds; Is Romney a Lock?; And You Thought Solyndra Was Bad...Now SunPower; Occupy LA Speaker Supports Violence; Europe in a Lot of Trouble
"The Wall Street protesters make Bevis and Butthead look like Lewis and Clark."---Dennis Miller.
Posted by Jerry at 12:56 PM