- If you follow the New York Post as I do, you know they come up with some of the best headlines of any newspaper in the country. Covering the protesters in NYC this week (protesting Wall Street---not knowing most of the companies they are protesting no longer even reside on Wall Street), the Post headline: "S#!T Hits The Span." The protesters clogged up up the Brooklyn Bridge yesterday. One NYPD police officer had it right when he said, "Who do you think you're inconveniencing? The 99 percent? The 1 percent who are watching this from their penthouses." Leave it to a NY City cop to get it right.
- As I write this, it's being reported that Gov. Christie is still considering whether to jump into this race. As Michael Goodwin of the NY Post wrote today, "Christie is playing chess while the other candidates are playing checkers." Personally, as someone who lived in NJ for 13 years, Christie is refreshing. He can be raw, but you know what you get with this guy. As he said at the Reagan Library last week, "The rule for effective government is simple: When you see a problem, you fix it." He also has a great sense of humor.
- I also believe Herman Cain fits that criteria.
- And Republicans and Conservatives better come to terms with one important fact: You will not find the perfect candidate. For example, if you focus on the immigration issue instead of focusing on making Pres. Obama a one-term president; you're going to miss the train. This coming election is being handed to Republicans on a silver platter. But if anyone can blow it---Republicans can.
- "The Great Depression like most other periods of severe unemployment, was produced by government mismanagement rather than by any inherent instability of the private economy."---Milt Friedman, an economic genius.
- Roseanne Barr said if the rich do not give up their wealth, they should be beheaded (she was not kidding).
- From the editorial in the NY Post today, "Letter from Iowa: Voters are ready to kick Obama out, if only the Republicans would give them an option (is Christie it?)"
- There's some debate on the Left whether we should have killed Awlaki because he was an American Citizen. We should have. He was killed on the field of combat. He was a traitor. He was an al-Qaeda leader who planned and directed terrorist scumbags to kill Americans. F#ck the prick.
- As much as I disagree with many of Pres. Obama's policies, it's undeniable he's doing the right things on this war on terror. I can't agree with his presidential policies; I can support his actions as Commander in Chief---in most cases.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
S#!t Hits The Span; Milt Friedman Was Right (as usual); Roseanne Barr: A Dumbass; Who Do Republicans Like? Is Christie It? (or Herman); F#ck The Debate: Anwar al-Awlaki Should Have Been Whacked
"California To Allow Prisoner To Serve Sentences Online"---The Onion
Posted by Jerry at 1:45 PM