- There continues to be good news on the Afghan front. According to USA Today and U.S. Commanders on the ground (that's the key phrase, "Commanders on the Ground."), "U.S. Marines and allied forces have devastated the Taliban leadership..NATO (that's code for us) stepped up operations in the winter, killing or capturing 500 insurgents and 27,000 lower-level insurgents. The average ages of a senior insurgent leader in Helmand is 23 years old, down from 35..."
- And more good news: The butcher of Bosnia, Gen. Ratko Mladic, who is suspected of murdering 8,000 Muslim men and boys during the Bosnian Ethnic War from 1992-1995, was finally captured. And people wondered how it could have taken so long to get bin-Laden. This guy was on the lam for 16 years.
- "Recession is Over News:" First time unemployment claims climbed to 424,000 up from last week's 414,000. And the economy grew at a "blazing" 1.8%--pathetic. And they are trying to tell us the economy is recovering--my big, fat Polish arse it is.
- And that budget the White House submitted last February?--was defeated by the Senate 0-97. I think that's called unanimous.
- Well, it had to happen sooner or later. MSNBC suspended Ed Schultz for calling Laura Ingraham, a conservative pundit and a fox, a "right-wing slut" and a "talk slut." For those who may not know, not only does Ingraham have more cahones and brains than any of the stupids on MSNBC combined, she's a cancer survivor and she's adopted two children from overseas. She's also a single mom. Memo to Ed: Go join your other dufis friend, Herr Keith Olberman, on that--whatever channel it's called. You two deserve each other.
- Laura Ingraham showed her usual class--he apologized and she accepted.
- And another woman with class and beauty--Elizabeth Smart. The guy who kidapped and raped her over and over again for nine months was finally sentenced to life in prison (he should have been taken to the back of the woodshed and given his last rights). Smart was at the sentencing, and looked radiant. She appears to have handled this entire horrific and tragic episode well. Let's hope so.
- You know what's so beautiful about the Internet? It's largely not regulated, and it needs to stay that way.
- Please tell me Oprah is over--please.
- Over a month ago, I said watch how charges of racism creep into this up-coming campaign. Another "genius" by the name of Jill Clyburn, House Assistant Democratic leader, said racism is to blame for Obama's problems. I've learned one lesson in my life: being stupid has no color or race.
- New York State spends over $18,000 per student. They are ranked #1 in spending on education. And what's their 4 year graduation rate?--a whopping 73.5%. That ranks 39th among all states.
- The "Dumbass Quote of the Day:" When Tiki Barber, former NFL Giant great, had some bad publicity last year because he left his pregnant wife and took up with a 23 year old hottie, he moved into his friend's attic to get away from the media. He said of moving into the attic, "Lep's Jewish (his friend)...and it was like a reverse Anne Frank thing." Any wonder why Tiki is considered a knucklehead?
- The GOP crowd who is seeing the nomination is actually a group of good candidates. But, in my opinion, they all lack that something--I think one might call it charisma. As one writer noted, they appear to be "rudderless" and "reactive." Tell you the truth, I want them to be more "reactive." Grow some. As I've said many times before, the only Republicans out there with any spine are the women.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Good News on The Afghan Front; White House Budget Proposal Down 4 the Count; Ed Schultz: Proves Again He's a Big A-Hole; Ingraham = Class; Elizabeth Smart, Another With Class and Beauty; And Then There's Tiki Barber
Pres. Obama told the Irish people this week that America will always stand by them, to which Israel laughed--Leno
Posted by Jerry at 1:13 PM