- As I continue on my trip to the Deep South (I'm near Ocala, Florida), I continue to be amazed how much cleaner it is down here. Litter is conspicuous by its absence. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the heat. It's been about 10 years since I took a trip down here, and it's nice to see the place still relatively clean. Why can't the North follow suit?
- For you ghost hunters out there. We finally looked at some photos we took of cemeteries at night in Savannah. And we caught an orb. Very clear. It was not present in the previous frame.
- "Recession Is Over News:" A little over 50,000 jobs created last month. That's about 1000 jobs per state. At this rate, economists say it will take almost 70 months to get back to 2007 job levels. Unemployment is back over 9% to 9.1%. And housing prices hit 2002 levels. And why am I repeating something you probably all know already? To illustrate, yet again, what a dismal failure this administration has been when it comes to the economy.
- On top of this bad news, the Dow Jones just experienced its longest losing streak in 7 years.
- But, believe it or not, there is good news: It appears al-Qaeda's top commander in Pakistan was whacked by a drone. Gotta love those drones. Someone should write a song about drones.
- Speaking of al-Qaeda, one of its leaders is urging American Muslims to buy guns and to start shooting Americans. Stupid Muslim--like we're not going to shoot back?
- As Michelle Obama drones (there's that word again) about eating healthy, Pres. Obama appears not to be following his wife's advice again. He was caught eating two chile dogs and fries after the First Lady unveiled new dietary guidelines (Mail Online).
- John Edwards finally indicted--could not happen to a better sleazebag. How so many people got snookered by this creep is beyond me. I think it was his hair.
- "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader" took on more significance this week. A fifth grader in San Bernadino was arrested for punching his teacher and breaking her nose. This little twirp needs an old fashion nookie. And a wedgie too.
- What's this about government overspending? In 2009, over 77,000 government workers earned more than the governors of the state in which they live. Some of these included environmental workers, chaplains, social workers, food service workers, archaeologists and civil rights workers (Congressional Research Service).
- Health News You Can Use: Don't ignore the following: Squeezing in chest that feels heavy and tight; severe headache pain, tingling and numbness in your extremities (listening Chris Mathews?) and warm calf pain that might be a sign of a blood clot.
- The USDA replaced the "Food Pyramid" with a "Food Plate." After years of the food pyramid, many American ended up shaped like pyramids--Fergusen.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
More Dismal Economic News; Another al-Qaeda Big Whacked; Obama Not Paying Attention To His Wife; They Earn More Than Their Governors; Don't Ignore These Pains
"Weiner Can't Say The Photo Isn't Of Him: With A Name Like That I'm Not Surprised He Sent Out A Picture of His Andrew."--The Onion
Posted by Jerry at 11:16 PM