- Anyone who has read my stuff over the years knows I pegged Al Gore as a fake, phony and fraud years ago (I was also right on Edwards, Newt, Kerry and countless others). But I have to defer to Andrea Peyser again in the NY Post. In her piece today, "Gore Goes @#S% Nuts," she starts her piece with, "Can it be? Has the guru of global warming, the Bozo of ozone and the pooh-pah of the probably-not-so-endangered polar bear, gone completely off his bleeping rocker?...I'm talking about Al Gore...who, after losing the White House, reinvented himself as a minor deity---a Gulfstream-riding, energy-slurping champion of Planet Earth" If you missed it, Al gave a speech this past week and he sounded like he needed to be placed in a straight jacket. She continued, "...he told like-minded crackpot Keith Olbermann (God, I love this gal) that America needs a movement, modeled after the unfortunately bloody 'Arab Spring' in Tahrir Square..." Writing of his lunatic rants, she added, "The performance had even Gore's faithful followers in Hollywood wondering if he's lost his meds...Gore has long lived by the hypocrite's mantra, 'Do what I demand, not what I do.' After his Tennessee mansion was revealed to drink up to 20 times the energy of an average house, Gore added solar panels..." (if you recall, I wrote about just this about 2 weeks ago--my good).
- Speaking of the debate about Pres. Obama taking a vacation now (as all of the European presidents and PM's cut their vacations short due to their own financial problems and rioting in the streets), I'm facing a dilemma. I defended Bush when he went on his vacations, because I've always believed the presidency follows the president no matter where he goes. But there might be a difference. For one, Bush went to his home in Texas, not a vacation spot like Martha's Vineyard. And, as USA Today even points out in their piece today, "Is Now The Right Time For An Obama Vacation?" the timing and perception (I refuse to use the overused term, "Optics" again. I'll leave that to the pundits who can't seem to think on their own). I happen to think presidents need to "wind" down, need to take a breather to re-start their engines. But is it the right time after we just lost 30 servicemen in Afghanistan? is it the right time when we just were downgraded by S+P? Is it the right time after the Market tanked over 1000 points in a week? Is it the right time when almost 400,000 people applied for first-time unemployment benefits again this week? Or should the question be for any president: Is there ever a right time for a president to take a vacation? And most presidents, during vacations, did cut them short at rough times. So I'll leave it to Americans to judge. I'm just askin' questions.
- So let's move on to another progressively raging debate. Are the White House and Obama's Hollywood buddies using the SEAL Team's success on the Osama operation for political purposes? Maureen Dowd of the NY Times--of all people and harsh critic of Republicans--wrote this past Saturday in her piece about the president's team, "aides have made sure there are proxies to exuberantly brag" about SEAL Team 6's legendary bin Laden whacking..."the White House is also counting on the Kathry Bigelow and Mark Boal big-screen versions of the killing of bin-Laden to counter Obama's growing reputation as ineffectual." Dowd added that the Hollywood team making the movie--long time financial backers of Pres. Obama, including Sony who is making the movie, "are getting top-level access" to classified information about the raid. The movie is scheduled for an Oct. 2012 release--right before the elections. So questions are being asked? Did the White House give these Hollywood nitwits access to classified information? Are they planning on exploiting the SEALS by making Pres. Obama out to be the hero? Folks--these are questions that must be answered. Because we cannot allow any political party to exploit the heroism of our troops just to get a few more votes.
- The London Telegraph is reporting today that many liberals are whispering: would Hillary have made a better president?
- According to Reuters today, their poll reveals that 73% of Americans now say we're on the wrong track. Who are the others? They must be living in caves.
- I often take Pres. Obama and Dems to task for their lack of leadership. But the same can be said of most Republicans too. And just where is Romney anyway? I think he was spotted somewhere in Iowa, but I'm not sure.
- Guess who the most loathed person is in America according to E-Poll Market Research? None other than Casey Anthony. She beats out the likes of O.J., Jon Gosselin, the Octomom, Levi Johnson and Jesse James.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Al Gore Just Might Be Nuts; This Obama Vacation Debate: Is It the Right Time?; SEALS Expolitation by White House + Hollywood?; Where's Republican Leadership? The Most Loathed Person in America is?
"Al Gore got so angry on a speech about global warming that he almost woke up some of the people in the audience."--Kimmel
Posted by Jerry at 10:27 AM