- According to the producers of "Sesame Street," Burt and Ernie are not gay and will NOT get married. Bums me out. Would have made a great wedding.
- This Saturday will be the 20th anniversary of the Internet. The first website was CERN, the Swiss particle-physics. The the UK Independent is reporting today that we're close to having our computers under our skin, "epidermal electronic systems." Can't wait, but, please--no where near "the boys."
- And USA Today reported on an IBM engineer who announced PC's will be going the way of the typewriter very soon.
- Yesterday Pres. Obama visited a vehicle battery plant in MI to celebrate their "green" technology. Johnson Controls Inc. received stimulus money at a cost of $2 million per job to the taxpayer. Sounds like a good deal to me.
- Gov. Rick Perry appears to be ready to announce his run for the presidency. And what is the media focusing on?-- his religious convictions. Amazing considering the main line media refused to even spend a moment on Pres. Obama's 20 year association with Rev. Wright, a pastor whose rants were clearly anti-Semitic and anti-American ( how can we forget, "God damn America!"). I'm still not sold on Perry, but he's done some good things in Texas such as job creation.
- Last week, I noted how one large city Mayor, Michael Nutter of Philadelphia, put PC idiocy aside and proclaimed the truth about flash mobs in Philadelphia. As one commentator remarked, Nutter's speech was one of the most brutally honest speeches ever made by a politician. Nutter said, "If you want us to respect you...take those doggone hoodies down...pull your pants up and buy a belt...comb your hair...learn some manners...keep your butt in school...extend your English vocabulary beyond the few curse words that you know...You were around for the sex, now be around for the parenting...If you go to look for a job, don't go blame it on the white folks or anyone else if you walk into some body's office with your hair uncombed and your shoes untied or your pants half down...and wonder why somebody won't hire you?...they won't hire you because you look like you're crazy." If I lived in Philly, I'd vote for this guy in a heartbeat.
- How bad was Tiger Woods yesterday?--6 bogeys and 3 double-bogeys. Normal game for me.
- Consumer Confidence came in--lowest since the days of that other "great" president, Jimmy Carter.
- President Obama had two more fundraisers last night at $35,800 a pop.
- USA Today cover story in their business section today, "Rattled Investors Have No Safe Place To Wait Out Stock Storm: If you cash out, you might as well find a mattress as a CD."
- Breaking News Now: The 11th Circuit, and a Dem judge, ruled ObamaKare unconstitutional.
- "Recession is Over News"--U.S. Post Office announced it plans on laying off 120,000 employees.
- Man was asked why he does not go to the doctor more often. He replied, "Would you trust anyone who puts his finger up your ass?"
Friday, August 12, 2011
Observations RE: Bert + Ernie Are Not Gay, The Cost of Green Technology, Philadelphia Mayor Nutter's Brutally Honest Comments on Flash Mobs, Consumer Confidence, Gov. Rick Perry, ObamaKare Unconstitutional, How Bad Was Tiger?
"GOP Supports Obama for 2012. 'We Need More Time To Completely Ruin His Life," headline on The Onion today (Photo shows a photo of Boehner holding a sign that says, "2012: BarackObamadotcom.")
Posted by Jerry at 2:23 PM