- In case you missed it, Kim Kardashian got married. The bride looked absolutely beautiful. And, yes, she has a humongous ass.
- Yesterday, I was asking: Hey, who has control of all those weapons now loose in Libya? According to NY Post Wire Services, U.S. and NATO officials are deeply concerned about some of Khadafy's weapons, including shoulder-fired anti-aircraft arms falling into the hands of terrorists. According to reports, we've sent two teams to the region to look for those weapons. And a headline on Drudge today, "Who Controls Libya's Deadliest Weapons?"
- Fortunately, we don't have to wait long for one of our esteemed politicians to make a dumbass statement. This week's goes to Rep. Frederica Wilson of Florida who said racism was the cause of high black unemployment. I don't know, but I'm sure there are millions of white, Asian and Hispanics that are also unemployed. Hey, but what do I know? (NewsBusters)
- USA Today's debate between Bob Beckel (Liberal) and Cal Thomas (Conservative), they discussed who the failures are in Washington. The following are listed and debated: Pres. Obama, Boehner, McConnel, Pelosi and Reid. I don't have a problem with that assessment.
- Speaking of unemployment, first time filers jumped to 417,000 last week. And the previous week's numbers were revised UP from 408,000 to 412,000.
- At Sichuan University in China, a student asked Slo Joe Biden how important it was to know how to speak well in public. Biden responded in almost 1000 words, while paying tribute to brevity in public speaking. Regarding brevity, Slo Joe went on a incoherent explanation as seen here: "And so language, the ability not only to master the ability to put your ideas into words succinctly on a platform to communicate ideas to your own people. It is even more impressive when you have the capacity to do that and communicate your ideas, especially as future business and political and moral leaders of the world in the language of people to whom you are speaking." Say Friggin What Joe? I believe---with a high degree of confidence---Slo Joe did not use his TelePrompter. Just sayin'.
- Not good news for Pres. Obama and the country: The Congressional Budget Office projected unemployment to remain over 8% through 2012. They also predicted the economy will not show much growth.
- According to the latest Gallup Poll, Rick Perry now leads Romney 29% to 17%. And where's Newt?---hanging around at a big, fat losing 4%. Even Ron Paul is beating Newt at 13%. In a generic Gallup Poll, Pres. Obama still beats a Republican.
- Bad news for ObamaKare (or is it good news?). AP is reporting that one of every 10 mid-sized or large employers expect to stop offering health insurance coverage to workers because of ObamaKare starting in 2014. So much for the president's promise: you will not lose your health insurance.
- Several weeks ago, the Port Authority in NY published major toll hikes across the NY area. The toll hikes are significant, but check out what it will cost trucks. A typical 5-axle tractor-trailer will go from $40 to $65 and rise to $105 in 2014. Any wonder tax payers and businesses are fleeing the area in droves?
- And what states are people fleeing? In this order: CA, NY, Ill, Michigan and N.J.---all heavily taxed (USA Today).
- Speaking of fleeing, good luck to all those folks on the East Coast today thru Sunday. As of now, it looks like Irene will be a big one. Be careful out there. If you're told to evacuate---evacuate. Don't be an ahole. She's a Cat 3 right now. She's one angry b!tch.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Irene is Coming; Kim Kardashian; Dumbass Quote of Week Goes to...Rep. Wislon; Say What Slo Joe?; Perry Leaps Over Romney in Polls; Bad News For ObamaKare; Residents Are Fleeing These States...
"Voice Inside Cheering Libyan Rebel's Head, 'Oh, F%$k, Now What."--The Onion
Posted by Jerry at 10:51 AM