Dear The Onion:
My brother Cliffy owns a driving school. Sometimes he even teaches cops how to drive fast. No sh!t.
- In an opinion piece in the NY Times by Thomas Edsall, he reports that the Obama administration is jettisoning the white working class in favor of "cementing a center-left coalition made up, on one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment---professors, artists, designers, editors, human resource managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists---and a second, substantial constituency of lower income voters who are disproportionally African-American and Hispanics." Got that federal employees (ICE, FBI, CIA, ATF, etc), cops, military, small business owners, techies, nurses, physicians, accountants, engineers, farmers, blue collar workers, miners, airline pilots, insurance agents, bankers, chemists, pharmacists, yada, yada, yada...You've just been thrown under the bus.
- George Will in the Washington Post reminded us of the absurd-but-true scenarios that occurred throughout the country in 2011. For example, Yale offered a course on how people with disabilities are portrayed in fiction: "We will examine how characters serve as figures of otherness, transcendence, physicality or abjection..." Parents, you are paying $40 grand a year for this garbage. He also reports on an Ohio restaurant praised by Obama because it was a beneficiary of the Chrysler bailout. The restaurant closed a week later.
- While I see the feds and many in the media trying to convince us the recession was over a year ago, the News Journal in DE reported more than 200,000 Delawareans are on Medicaid---1 in 4. They also reported that the enrollment in the state's food stamp program increased 81% in the last THREE YEARS (Ain't that a b!tch. Can't blame W for that one. He's been gone for 3 years now). The number of homeless in DE rose 21%. And incomes fell among those who could least afford it.
- The ABA (American Bar Association) informed the White House that it rates 14 of the potential judgeships by the White House as "unqualified." According to reports, the administration is so concerned about diversity, they are recommending people to be judges that should be no where near a courthouse let alone as judges.
- Those still out there supporting Obama for another 4 year term, go to the Obama website and get your hoodie. You can get one for $50 bucks instead of $55 bucks---you'll save a whopping five dollars. Hurry now while supplies last.
- The good new: Barney Frank said he'll be retiring from Congress. The bad news? Maxine Waters will now become the banking committee's ranking Democrat. This is the same rotten politician who said of Fannie and Freddie in 2003: "Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Fannie Mae..." She also happens to be the congresswoman who was investigated for steering bailout money to a questionable bank where she and her husband---on the board of that bank---also had deep financial ties to the bank. She's also the same congresswoman who said of the Tea Party---they can go straight to hell.
- Last week, I asked if the Occupy movement jumped the shark. I noticed the news about them is minimal today.
- It's now official. Americans are fat pigs. Gallup found that Americans on average are 20 pounds heavier now compared to 1990. Men reported an average weight of 196 pounds compared to 180 in 1990. And women ballooned from 142 in 1990 to a ground breaking 160 pounds today. Yet, only 39% of Americans believe their overweight (they don't own mirrors like those captured below):